01 June 2010

The longest workout... and new beginnings

I didn't get enough sleep last night. Despite being utterly exhausted from the flight back to the US, and the fact that my body knew it was up way past its bedtime, I stayed up until 11 PM. Dawdling, mostly. As expected, I woke up at 3 AM, 4 AM, and 5 AM, just a few moments earlier than I'd planned. I made some tea (instead of coffee), this "Light and Slim" tea I got in Germany, it was actually yummy.

I hit the gym for a workout to celebrate June First, spending 30 minutes on the Octane elliptical trainer. It was the... longest... workout... ever. I looked down at the clock thinking I'd only 5 or so minutes left, and I'd only done 10 minutes. Ugh. But, I powered through. I saw my trainer there, too, and plan to work out with him this Friday and then 2-3 times per week for the rest of the month. I'm really looking forward to that, actually.

I made breakfast when I got home - sprouted grain toast with two eggs and a pear. And I made some coffee, but not as much as I usually do. One cup today - we'll see how that goes! I tracked this all in my food journal.

So I said that I'd post my weight loss goals today. Here goes: I want to lose 25-30 pounds by the end of September. That's not too outrageous, right? I can totally do this!

Day One: workout, done. Food tracking, going well. Alcohol, none (well, it's not even 8 AM so... maybe report on that officially tomorrow). Mood: good, positive.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment